PANDORA [4/8/2021 4:27:37 PM]
Due to other planet-side project, evepandora development has been stalled for the past 8 weeks or so - we are now back on with continuing our work.
Over the coming days we will be improving load speed to certain areas by making changes to our data storage.
We will also be testing a number of campaigns for Factions, Alliances and Corporations.
At the same time, we will be giving our members within certain roles the ability to add news to their alliance and corporation pages.
We will give a further update on changes made on Sunday 18th April.
PANDORA [1/27/2021 10:53:00 AM]
A Big Pause
The last of the current BETA campaigns ends today after which the 3 day claim period kicks in. There will then be a week or so of no BETA campaigns and no BETA missions while work and implementation of the standings system takes place.
There is a lot of testing behind-the-scenes going on right now of supply missions and other types which will be put live on or around 6th February along with full implementation of the standings system and the ability for other corporations and alliance to create their own campaigns and missions.
This will complete Development Phase 3 - the biggest of our BETA development phases.
Watch this space!
PANDORA [1/19/2021 1:35:17 PM]
Recognition System & Changes
While the recognition system is being worked on behind the scenes, some changes are coming which will affect as follows:
Currently, PANDORA is calculating based upon anyone with kills in a campaign for kill campaigns. This means that if a capsuleer has just one kill, they have been recognised as taking part even if they do not know it, meaning that it counts towards them having been on a campaign and towards their total PANDORA kill count, making it unfair in some ways towards those actively using PANDORA. This is being changed so that it ONLY counts these factors IF the capsuleer has claimed rewards in recognition of the fact that they were involved in a campaign.
As missions and campaigns are completed and claimed in this way, the capsuleer PANDORA standings for the issuing corporation or alliance will go up, which also means that rewards will increase over time for a loyal capsuleer. For example a capsuleer that completed a campaign with 10 kills for x corporation may get 10 million isk due to having a starting standing of 0.0 for corporation x. Whereas a capsuleer with a standing of 10.0 with 10 kills might get 20 million isk (example not yet implemented and subject to change).
The standings system will also make special campaigns and missions available to loyal capsuleers which would otherwise not be visible to others with a lower standing.
Each mission or campaign has it's own hidden standings increase for the issuing corporation or alliance to be announced soon™.
PANDORA [1/16/2021 8:41:38 PM]
Start of Development Phase 3
Here is an update of all of the thingies that went into the most recent update.
You can now see all of the latest live updates. these include:
- Latest PANDORA News
- Latest Dev Blog
- Available Campaigns
- Top Members: Most campaigns run, Most campaign kills, Most missions run, Most rewarded member
- Available Missions
- PANDORA Stats: System stats for all entities and member interactions.
- Faction Warfare: top 2 most vulnerable systems for each faction.
Hacking has been added to campaigns and missions (see news piece below for full details.
Corporations and Alliances can now add news articles, After Action Reports and Historical entries to their corporation and alliance areas in Entities. Full details of how to add entries will be given in an update during the week once testing is finished.
A number of other changes have been made to styling, increased performance and improved visuals.
Development Phase 3 is now starting which will see the standings system come into play which will work much like capsuleers having standings with NPC Corporations of New Eden. By running Campaigns and Missions for the creating Entity, your standing will increase with those and with their parent entity. Increasing your standing increases your base rewards for loyalty. More on this soon!
We will also be adding more campaigns and missions during our BETA phase. The two starter BETA campaigns are still active and will end at 12pm 17th January - CASH OUT OR MISS OUT!!
PANDORA [1/6/2021 7:31:07 PM]
Hacking of campaigns and missions has been implemented. Hacking works as follows:
- Any campaign that is not available to you (you, your corporation, your alliance or your faction) will show as encoded, displaying the campaign title and description/objectives as garbled encoded text,
- You may make a total of 4 attempts to unlock a campaign before you are locked out of making any further hacking attempts for an undetermined time (max 24 hours).
- Unlocking all encoded characters on a campaign will unlock the campaign, making all details publicly visible for all to see.
Please see the tutorial video below
PANDORA [12/26/2020 5:26:08 PM]
WE ARE LIVE - BETA TESTING IS GO!
evepandora.com went live just minutes ago. This site is in BETA, purely for testing before completion. This Dev Blog will be updated regularly as content becomes available.
- Campaigns and missions will become available regularly - parties who campaigns and missions are available to will be contacted to be made aware. All campaigns and missions contain rewards which will be paid out even while in BETA! You must claim your rewards to cash out - beware, claims made before a campaign ends means you will miss out on any further rewards you could have made in the time left! You have 3 days to cash out any rewards after a campaign ends.
- You do not need to register for a campaign , PANDORA automatically tracks killmails which qualify for the campaign objectives and compiles them into a leaderboard of capsuleers with kills that meet these objectives. This leaderboard will show on the campaign.
DEVELOPMENT PHASE 2
We are now in Development Phase 2 which will take place over the next two weeks. During which time the following will go live:
- Further missions and campaign types available to different factions/corporations/alliances.
- Campaign encryption and Hacking - Campaigns set as encrypted will be encoded and nonsensical to those who the campaign is not meant for. Users may attempt to hack a campaign to gather data on a campaign and to possibly make a counter campaign on a 100% success. They may even unlock it for all to see. A failed hack will result in no further hack attempts for a 6 hour period.
- Corporation News, AAR and Historical Entries - Users may be able to add to their corporation page News sections, deliver After Action Reports and create Historical entries.
- Alliance News, AAR and Historical Entries - Users may be able to add to their alliance page News sections, deliver After Action Reports and create Historical entries.
- Member participation - show which campaigns and missions a capsuleer has been involved in on their capsuleer page.
- Styling - currently the site only allows 1400px width and upwards before styling goes haywire. This will be fixed for smaller resolutions.
- Faction War Page - Speed up load times.
- Add Regular syncing to EvE API's
After this we will move into DEVELOPMENT PHASE 3. Keep an eye on this page for updates as they go live and for any bugs found. To report bugs, please message the character evepandora ingame.